Nine members of the Red Dawn Debaters will represent Wellington at the 2021 Florida Forensic League state championship March 6-7. They are:
- Samuel Johnson in Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking;
- Nicholas Raney in Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking;
- Kieran Abesamis in Lincoln Douglas Debate;
- Daniel Melton in Original Oratory;
- Lillian Paulitz in Humorous Interpretation;
- Jaiden Lagalo-Blinston in both Dramatic Interpretation and Program Oral Interpretation;
- Emma Stanfield in Dramatic Interpretation; and
- the team of Rylee Bleakley and Megan Gonzales-Mugaburu in Public Forum Debate
In addition, Leslie Diaz is first alternate in Lincoln Douglas Debate
Also, Paul Gaba was named FFL Macaw Region Coach of the Year, and will be one of seven coaches statewide recognized at the FFL Varsity State tournament, where the 2020-21 State COY will be named.
Stephanie Bair earned her National Speech & Debate Association honor society lifetime membership as well.